
Hydration
When there is colder weather during practice or games, athletes tend to drink less fluids because they think that don't have to because they are not sweating. This makes them more susceptible to dehydration. Here are some things that you can do to prevent dehydration. You can walk water bottles around to player so that they can get a chance to re-hydrate. You can also go around reminding players to hydrate before and after practice. During games when it is cold, a good substitution for cold water is some warm soup or broth.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This blog is really informational for me. I had not noticed that in colder weather athletes drink less water becuase they sweat less.
I think you have a typo in your blog. I'm not sure if you meant it to say that. Well, its the part where you said "you can walk the water to player"
Post a Comment